Sometimes, my life is so lovely and splendid that I start expecting something to go wrong. I sort of felt that way last night, but (knock on wood) no tragedies have befallen me quite yet! After a long day of classes and a quick run to the grocery store, I arrived home to a freshly cooked dinner of eggplant parmesan, prepared by my lovely roommate, Chef Jayme!
Just as we were finishing our meal (which was delicious and marked by colorful conversation and lots of laughing!), my mom called to tell me that she and my dad and my gram were right outside my house! They had been to see my cousin play field hockey in Upper Darby, and couldn't pass up the chance to see their favorite child (just kidding, J,A, & B!) when they were so close by! Since Gram is in a wheelchair, we couldn't go inside the house, but we had a really wonderful time just chatting outside and catching up. I was reminded of how nice a treat it is to be so close to home and yet still out on my own. Since I've been living in Philadelphia, I think I've grown infinitely more appreciative of my parents. They are FABULOUS! That said, it was great to see them! :-)
As if the evening could get any lovelier, I spent the rest of the night hanging out with my roommate and going on my Wednesday night baking frenzy! The result? Banana bread, pumpkin raisin oatmeal cookies, and a slightly less stressed me! Happy Thursday!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment