Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas is coming! The goose is getting fat! And I'm so STINKING EXCITED! I loooooove Christmas!

So for those of you who were worried about me as I wrote my 15-page paper in not a lot of days, I successfully finished it at the reasonable hour of 8 PM last night, and I am feeling pretty super great! There are now approximately seven days and three papers lying between me and a month of relative relaxation! By relative, I mean that I do plan on reading an Intro to Sociology textbook and organizing my readings for the comprehensive exams...but it's all good because there's so much fun to be had in between doing those things (and I secretly think that reading the Intro to Soc. book is going to be fun too!).

Seven days still to go, and you'd think I'd be working myself into a state of insanity, but one of the primary lessons I've learned from being a student for so long is that breaks are imperative. My problem has now become, "How many breaks are too many?!" Tonight, one of my fellow cohort members is having a Christmas fiesta, and I'm excited to don my unflattering yet oh-so-fabulous bargain Christmas sweater and matching red headband! Tomorrow night, my sister turns 21 and how could I begrudge her a night out in Philly? (Clearly, I couldn't!). On Sunday night, I'm working at Francoluigi's, but it will be far better than a typical night because 19 of my Penn friends are coming to dinner! I'm excited to prove to them that I am indeed the "singing wench" that they have so lovingly termed me!

Am I worried about getting everything finished with all this fun stuff to do? Umm...not really. Balance is a beautiful thing, and balance is exactly what I plan to do!

Happy Paper Writing to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: