I'm feeling the academic energy sapping slowly out of me, and I need to hold onto it long enough to finish strong! Graduation is May 16th, which is crazily soon, and once I finish that one final exam and write those two papers, it's on to the real world...I can't delay any longer, despite my best efforts! :-)
We had two days of sickeningly hot weather on Monday and Tuesday, and, wimp that I am, I seriously contemplated calling out sick and sitting in my room under the fan for two days. I decided to brave it in the end, and my reward was that GSE turned on the A/C, which they don't usually do until May 15th! I was truly so grossed out by the sticky, sweat-inducing humidity that I actually started looking online for places to move where the weather is cooler! Those of you who have heat sensitivity can understand me, I'm sure! (To the rest of you, I guess you just have to have skin that sunburns as quickly as mine to know how I feel!)
After those two days, today (Wednesday) brings a welcome change. It's cool and slightly rainy outside, and it's not going to go above 70 degrees according to my thorough research on weather.com. Praise the Lord! This Sunday is the DREADED Broad Street Run, and I do NOT want to run 10 miles in the heat (or in the cold, for that matter...)!
Last night, I had my final session of public speaking class, and I learned the exciting news that my inspirational speech on random acts of kindness had actually inspired someone to BUY the BOOK! (Which y'all should buy too--it's yellow, and it's called Random Acts of Kindness!) This pretty much made my night, and reaffirmed my feeling that I want to speak to people in a way that makes them want to act for good! It's too bad I can't give lots of speeches on random kindness for my job next year!
Also last night was an ice cream social and quizzo event hosted by two of my friends, Stephanie and Danielle. Though the event was primarily for students living in graduate housing, I got to sneak in and attend, and I had a lovely time with some lovely people! I wish we had more time together before graduation...while it's nice to be in and out with a master's degree so quickly, it is sad to have to say goodbye to new friends not long after meeting them. Alas...
Tonight, I'm off to see The Damnation of Faust at the Kimmel Center. I got a free ticket through my college student membership in the eZseatU club, and I love a good morality play with musical accompaniment. So not cool, but sooo coooool.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment