So thirty minutes or so ago, I send out a confirmation e-mail reminding a few current students that they've agreed to moderate an admissions web chat tomorrow from 5-7 PM. A few minutes pass and then Alyssa comes over and tells me that the chat is scheduled from 3-5 PM, and that the accepted students (toward whom the chat is directed) have already been informed of this time frame. Knowing the difficulty of securing current student volunteers for things, I panicked. How was I supposed to find people to give two free hours of their time when I was asking them 24 hours before I needed them? And why was I such a numskull that I couldn't keep my hours straight? I know I'm prone to overreacting, so maybe this shouldn't mean much, but I definitely felt a slight urge to cry.
But then, overpowering the crying, I felt a little voice in my head--my own Jiminy Cricket or something--saying, "This is not a big deal. You can handle it." And so I decided to listen, and to handle it because it really isn't the end of the world to make a mistake. Especially when it's still fixable! So I'm in the fixing process, and I have to say that it's going remarkably well! I've already secured three moderators, and I expect that by tonight, I'll have received positive responses from a few more. It appears that work has taught me a few things, and today, as insignificant as it may seem, had an important reminder to give: let your mountains be mountains and your molehills be molehills!
Have a great day!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment