Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Winding Down on a Rainy Tuesday...

It's Tuesday, and it's nearly as quiet today as it was yesterday here at GSE Admissions. I think that the madness of application processing season is slowly winding down, and the calm is a welcome change! It's also raining outside, which foils my plans of running along the Schuylkill River. Alas, it's off to the gym instead!

Tonight, I'll be delivering my final presentation for Public Speaking class, an 8-10 minute inspirational speech on the subject of my choice. I've decided to talk about one of my favorite topics, random acts of kindness, and I've built the speech around my favorite quote, "Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty." I'm also going to talk about my personal favorite random act of kindness--flower giving! I'm starting to get nervous as the "speeching hour" approaches, but it will be a relief to be finished and to be able to just watch the other half of my class speak next week. I'm excited to be inspired!

I also have to announce that I have been "temporarily removed from the schedule" at Francoluigi's High Note Cafe. The owner has asked that I refrain from signing up for work days until I have more availability, which most likely means that I won't be working there again...but we never know! Anyway, some of my cohort-mates were distressed to learn that they wouldn't be able to come and visit me at the restaurant, so I've decided that I'm going to throw a cohort Italian potluck dinner at my house! We will eat lasagna and spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread and Italian desserts! And there will be singing! Take that, Francoluigi's!

And my final announcement, while on the subject of food, is that Jamey and I have decided that this week's cookie is going to be the Raisinet bar. I'm pretty sure it's going to be delectable! The final product will hopefully look like this...

If you're reading this and you're going to be near Penn GSE on Thursday, you should probably come in and try it!

Happy Rainy Tuesday!

No comments: