I think it's high time that I talk about the gloriousness of the GSE Admissions front desk. Behind this desk...which is more of a long counter, really...people find anywhere from one to six ridiculously friendly faces (one of them often my own!). Lately, I've been thinking about work environments, and if there's one thing I need in mine, it's friendly people!
Here are some excellent possibilities of the friendly faces you might see at Penn GSE...
Ann is GSE Admissions' Administrative Assistant, and the lovely person who answers the phones and gives directions and expertly processes the piles of applications that come to GSE! In addition to performing these important tasks, Ann provides the loveliest laughs and smiles!
Vin is a Brooklynite work-study student who is pretty much effortlessly and infinitely pleasant! He's always smiling (and, if we ask him nicely, he sings for us!). :-) Vin is also something of a fashion plate...his style is hard to miss! He is quick to jump up and help anybody!
AnnaLee is a doll...she's worked at GSE for longer than the rest of us despite her young age, and she is a diligent worker as well as a go-to resource for most things related to GSE Admissions! On top of that, she's delightfully sweet...you really just have to meet her to know.
Hyesun is...well actually, she's quite hysterical. She once told me that she wants to be one of those CoverGirl models who wears a white dress and walks along the beach whispering, "Easy, breezy, beautiful...CoverGirl." Now, every time I introduce her to someone, I can't help but tell them about her aspiration. I know she has it in her! More formally, Hyesun is the third of the three work study students in GSE Admissions, and she shares various organizational tasks with Vin and AnnaLee.
And then there's Jamey, my darling fellow Higher Education student, and the other GSE Admissions GA. With Jamey, there is rarely a dull moment, and if one does happen to surface, Jamey quickly suffocates it by making up a song or telling a funny story or just being his entertaining self. One of Jamey's greatest assets is his telephone etiquette, and another is his crazy ability to retain information about GSE. Want to know deadlines, event dates, or faculty contacts? Jamey is your man!
Everyone I've mentioned brings something special and personal to GSE, and makes the admissions office the welcoming place that it is. So stop in...have a visit...stay a while!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment