Monday, November 17, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Today, in the spirit of Mr. Rogers, I would like to say that it is a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood! Fall is at its peak, and I am right now enjoying the calm before the storm...that nice set of days during which I ought to probably do some hard core studying, but during which I choose instead to simply relax a bit before the crazy barrage of 20-page-papers pours over me! Philadelphia is breezy and brisk, and it's the perfect sort of day for soup and hot cider and fireplaces! Tonight, I plan on cozying up under a blanket with my class readings and a nice cup of tea!

As much as it may sometimes be less than appealing to be in the middle of a city during a season as lovely as fall, even the heart of West Philadelphia boasts of changing leaves and moments of thankfulness and the joy that comes only from a glorious, autumnal day. My heart is happy!

No comments: