Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Calm After the Storm

The title of this entry suggests that the "storm" is officially over and the calm has arrived, but I think we're actually somewhere between those two extremes...headed for the calm, thank goodness!

Last week was, in a word, crazy!! We try to plan admissions office events for different weekends throughout the semester, but sometimes it's just not possible, and this weekend was one of those "let's do everything in three days" ones! On Friday, we had the Teacher Education Preview Day event, and then the whole weekend was also dedicated to Ed.D. Applicants Weekend and Diversity Weekend. There was a tooon of planning going on by Alyssa (our Associate Director of Admissions), Morgan (my fellow GA), and myself, as well as lots of support from the other GAs and the faculty and administration. By the time Monday came around, we were all exhausted but content. All three events were successful and well-executed. Woooot!

I wish there was time to rest, but I have to plan another two preview days (one for FPE and one for Ed. Policy) AND I am off to Knoxville, Tennessee for a wedding this weekend! My cousin is getting married, and I am a bridesmaid along with my sister and two cousins. I haven't yet been able to get super excited because work is kind of overwhelming, but I'm grateful that my schedule made it possible for me to go, and I can't wait to take a break from the stress for a few short days!

No comments: