
Tomorrow, I'm taking a little break from work to meet my mom and my two cousins for breakfast at Sabrina's in South Philly. It's the BEST breakfast I've yet had in this city, and I highly recommend it to all visitors! On weekends, it gets so crowded that people have to wait outside. Sabrina's kindly provides free coffee and danish to customers while they wait. I'm excited for a little break from the routine! I'm also excited for Easter Sunday coming up this weekend! It will be nice to spend quality time with family and friends. I of course plan on subjecting all Whitman Easter dinner attendees to play the "Why are you thankful for the person next to you?" game. They secretly love it, I'm pretty sure.
In academic business, classes are going well for the most part. I feel like I haven't planned my schoolwork completion schedule way in advance like I did last semester, but I'm still rather calm at this point. (Ask me how I'm feeling in a few weeks when the final papers are due!). The biggest struggle in my life right now is the job search. Finding a job is very intimidating, especially for someone like me who lacks a great deal of work experience. I've been checking several online databases for jobs relevant to my interests, which I have concluded are civic engagement and international programs (and ideally a combination of those two themes). I've found a few viable options, so I'm saying prayers and really hoping to officially submit a bunch of applications before the end of the week. I'm sure that things will work out just as they should as long as I stay on task!
That's about all I've got for now. I could write more, but I need to write a speech for public speaking class! I'm going to persuade people that Penn's fitness center should extend free membership to its graduate students. A great idea, in my humble opinion!
Later, friends! Happy Almost Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment